CATALYTIC-FREE GAME CHANGING TECHNOLOGY.
EPA 2020 certified
Meets 2 g/hr emissions target
Increased burn efficiency
Reliable and hassle-free
Cleaner glass, easy enjoyment
INTRODUCING CATALYTIC-FREE WOODSTOVE AND INSERT TECHNOLOGY
Pacific Energy’s new catalytic-free wood stove and insert technology is changing the industry – offering lower costs, less maintenance and high efficiency while meeting stringent EPA 2020 environmental standards for the cleanest burn possible. Enjoy a better wood stove experience all-around, with Pacific Energy’s catalytic-free breakthrough technology.
EPA 2020 STANDARDS. WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU.
EPA 2020 is going to change dealer product line-ups. Pacific Energy is first to meet the new requirements with breakthrough, catalytic-free technology.
The 2020 reality
- Many stoves will be eliminated by inability to meet the new emission standard.
- Many stoves will need significant redesign and testing to meet the new standard.
- Many stoves will be forced to become catalytic or catalytic hybrid stoves to meet the new standard.
POINT OF VIEW: TRADITIONAL CATALYTIC STOVES
40 years of building industry-leading woodstoves has made it clear to us that catalytics should only be used in large 4+ cu.ft. fireboxes. Further points to consider:
- Catalytics are less reliable, harder to operate and more sensitive to installation environment than non-catalytic.
- Catalytics need to be replaced often and are significantly more expensive to maintain over the life of the product.
- Catalytics deteriorate making them gradually less efficient
- Catalytics may produce longer burn times but sacrifice heat output to do so.
Please educate yourself on catalytic technology in woodstoves and fireplaces here.